What is Grounding?
Grounding takes us out of our minds and into our bodies. Energetically speaking, it anchors our spirit into our body and the earth’s energy. This allows us to be present in the moment regardless of what is going on.
Our base chakra and our foot chakras are the energy centers that are responsible for grounding us. Therefore having healthy, balanced foot and base chakras are vital in order to ground effectively.
Why is this important?
Grounding has many mental, physical, and spiritual benefits. Spiritually speaking grounding helps empaths and intuitives better manage their psychic gifts.
Being anchored into the earth’s energy helps us discharge any energy we pick up. It helps our spirit stay protected from negative energy and it allows us to not be thrown completely out of balance in crisis or difficult situations.
Grounding is vital for you to develop and grow your psychic and energetic skills as well as for healing trauma. Its importance is often overlooked in the spiritual community.
Look at grounding as a foundational psychic and mental health skill. You wouldn’t build a house on an insecure foundation and you don’t want to expand your spiritual skills and do your personal healing on a rocky foundation either, so really take this practice seriously!
Here is a List of Additional Mental and Physical Benefits:
- Helps reduce anxiety
- Helps prevent or stop an anxiety attack
- Helps those who deal with disassociation (disassociation may also be a sign of unhealthy/blocked base and feet chakras).
- Helps reduce stress
- Helps you stay connected to the present moment
- Helps keep you in touch with your body and your personal needs
- Helps decrease inflammation
- Helps decrease pain
- Increases circulation
- Improves mood and energy
- Better sleep
- May slow down aging
- Leads to feelings of security
- Helps you feel more confident and stable
- Vital for you to develop and grow your psychic/energetic skills
Signs You’re Not Grounded:
- You’re physically, mentally, spiritually drained
- You’re overwhelmed by people or situations around you
- You’re struggling to focus
- You feel flustered, frustrated, or overwhelmed in general
- Your breathing is not in a natural rhythm; it’s short and shallow or you pause your breathing regularly
- You catch yourself looking back on the day realizing you were just going through the motions and not really present
- You may snap into the moment and think “what was I just doing?” or “how did I get here?”
- You feel anxious or dissociated
- You feel dizzy or disconnected from your body
- You are too open and vulnerable in situations that you look back on and wish you weren’t
- You feel dizzy, sick, or are in emotional or physical pain after doing spiritual work or meditations
- You struggle to stay organized and take quality action steps
- You struggle to feel safe and secure
How to Ground:
For the sake of keeping things simple, I’m going to give you a great visualization to work with regularly to help aid in grounding.
It’s very easy and can be done in the moment or as a meditation practice. All you need to do is imagine that the lower half of your body from your stomach down to your feet is a strong tree that roots deep into the earth, connecting you to its calming and grounding energy. Sit with this visualization as long as you need to and do it regularly!
Through visualization you are guiding your energy to ground.
Grounding is a Practice
It is a skill that we develop and it needs to be maintained regularly. Think of it like a muscle that gets stronger the more and more you practice.
A lot of intuitive people and trauma survivors live in their upper chakras, leaving them imbalanced and struggling to ground. I was one of them. Luckily I had an energy healer to help me strengthen my root chakra and over time grounding became more and more natural to me.
If you’re struggling to ground and would like to work with me one on one to heal any imbalances and help you build your skills, I would love to help you out. I offer healing and coaching sessions long distance or in office.
Work with me
I offer energy healing and tarot readings. Check out my services page to learn more!
Connect With Me
Check out my contact page to find out how to receive services or to submit content requests.
Join a Community of Like Minded Individuals Join my closed Facebook group online! This is a community where we can support each other, ask questions, share insights, grow, and heal.
**Disclaimer: I am an energy healer and massage therapist. My blog focuses on healing your spiritual energy body. Anything you find within my blog is not a substitute for medical advice. Read more about my health disclaimer here.**